Chick Pea Curry Recipes
Heat level – Medium
250g Cooked Chick Peas
1 tsp Garlic Purée
100g Diced Onion
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 – 11/2 tbsp Madras Curry Paste
150g Chopped Tomatoes
1 Tsp Cumin Powder
Salt to taste
1 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Coriander
3 Tbsp Oil
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When they begin to crackle add the diced onions
and fry on a medium heat for 3 - 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic purée and Madras curry paste and fry for a further 2 - 3 minutes.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, stir well and cook for a further 5 - 8 minutes.
4. Then add the chickpeas, sprinkle over the cumin powder and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Add the fresh coriander, reserving a little for a garnish.Serve.